Youth Worker - Hamlyn Terrace NSW
An Exciting opportunity to work with BRC Recruitment to engage and support young people across a range of new and exciting youth housing initiatives in Hamlyn Terrace - Central Coast region.
Multiple Ongoing Temp roles with set roster allowing you flexibility and work life balance. Our client is a not-for-profit organisation who aims to prevent youth homelessness and family breakdown by providing a range of innovative accommodation, care and support services to young people aged 12 to 17 years in Hamlyn Terrace - Central Coast.
We are seeking qualified and experienced youth workers to meaningfully engage and support young people. This role would see you working in residential homes for young people living in short temporary emergency placements, there are two homes in Hamlyn Terrace, caring involves a one-on-one ratio. There is 24/7 care required which means a set roster is placed which allows you to choose the hours you would prefer to work and rotate if need be. Potential to permanent position for the right candidate with the right attitude.
As a Youth Worker, you would need to assist in the facilitation of the efficient operations of the Crisis Accommodation program, creating a client centered environment for the young person using this service.
- Supporting the implementation of strategies as defined in agreed client's case plans towards their outcome on a day-to-day basis.
- Support and resource clients with access to information.
- Respond and support to clients with a flexible approach to their emotional needs.
- Provide verbal and written reports as required
- Being accountable and other duties as directed by the Team Leader
- Provide reports to the Team Leader as required and/or requested
- Supporting and monitoring clients to plan and prepare nutritious meals.
- Monitoring and assisting clients with their weekly chores.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness in the Program, including the cleaning and preparation of vacated homes
- Notify by emailing or phoning the Team Leader as soon as any maintenance repairs or hazards are identified.
- Ensure house and garden are in good repair, kept neat and tidy.
- Supervise health and personal hygiene of clients.
- Must have a relevant qualification, at minimum Certificate IV in Community Services, Youth Work or equivalent
- It is essential that you have a minimum of 6 months industry experience
- Own car and NSW driver's license
- Current working with children checks
- 6 months of paid experience in the sector
- Current First aid and CPR
- Medicare evidence of 3 covid shots
- Opportunity for this role to be permanent
- Positive Team culture
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Salary Packaging opportunity once you become permanent
Paying Level 3 SCHADS award, this is a role where you can make a difference and help guide the youth of our society to be able to achieve their best. Please apply below or call Lina on 02 8604 3954 for more information
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
|Job title:||Youth Worker - Hamlyn Terrace NSW|
|Location:||Regional NSW - Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, Regional NSW - Gosford & Central Coast, Regional New South Wales, Australia|
|Salary:||AU$80000 - AU$100000 per annum|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL
New South Wales
New South Wales