Our client is a high profile and diverse Not-for-Profit organisation, who is making a real difference in the community. You become part of a community who are determined to prevent and reduce the vulnerability of migrants, to protect them against abuses, exploitation, and denial of their rights, and to facilitate opportunities to build on their strengths, and contribute to their communities.
About the role:
Our client is seeking support Officers x3 on full time basis for 2-month contract to join them Immediately. The Support Officer is responsible for reviewing and triaging applications, providing information, identifying, and escalating issues and responding via phone to migrants in transition who have been impacted by the recent Floods and Covid 19 Pandemic. This role is also responsible and accountable for maintaining client data and various administrative tasks arising from the client services operations. This role has flexibility to work from home or the clients' offices located in Blacktown and Town Hall.
- Monitor applications from potential clients and organisations received via email or web
- Establish files in the internal database for potential clients ensuring they have given consent to do so
- Ensure potential clients have provided complete information and provide support via phone if they have not
- Check external and internal sources of information to ensure potential client meets eligibility criteria
- Conduct a scripted financial hardship evaluation based on information provided by potential clients
- Request payments to be made to client via approval to line manager
- Escalate and flag any issues to a line manager where a client has significant need
- Assist with the provision of general information to clients such as contact details
- Accountable for accurate and up to date data including updating all relevant databases.
- Provide assistance to clients in maintaining housing and access to food, such as assisting with information on how to request rent relief and where to access food and material aid.
- Arrange other immediate services or appointments on advice from Caseworker.
- Provide access to general information and education relevant to activities of daily living, including housing, locally available services provided by other agencies, public transport, children's playgrounds, places of worship etc.
- Qualifications in a related field is desirable (administration/community services) and/or demonstrated.
- A Working with Children check is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Excellent records management and general office administration
- Experience in working with people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Proven highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent records management and general office administration.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office or similar software and experience using databases.
If you are looking for a rewarding career that aims to help others access support and achieve their goals, this is the role for you. Please apply below or call Lina on 02 8604 3954 for more information.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
|Job title:||Support Officer|
|Location:||Regional NSW - Richmond & Hawkesbury, Regional New South Wales, Sydney - Ryde & Macquarie Park, Sydney - Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, Sydney - South West & M5 Corridor, Sydney - Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney - North West & Hills District, Sydney - North Shore & Northern Beaches, Sydney - CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, Sydney, Australia|
|Industry:||Community Services and Health|
|Salary:||AU$40 - AU$43.63 per hour|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Job duration:||2 months|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL