We are looking for a Family Case Worker for a community organisation. You will be working with disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and / or recovering from abuse. As a case worker you will support these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal trauma such as neglect, physical, psychological and / or emotional abuse.
The role is to provide Case Work support to the families of young people involved in the Drug and Alcohol program. We are looking for a candidate who can utilise their skills and experience to be able to build a respectable relationships, assess and understand the needs and challenges of both parties.
We are seeking a candidate with the following Qualifications and Skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, or a relevant field.
- 3 years' experience in case management of Families.
- Demonstrated experience and sound knowledge of case management theory, best practice principles, case coordination and adolescent development
- Demonstrated ability to utilise referral pathways; apply trauma- and developmentallyinformed and strengths based approaches; and to achieve client outcomes Previous experience in developing support networks for young people and their families.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation pertaining to young people and their families. Demonstrated experience in community development and networking. Demonstrated ability working with Culturally Diverse clients
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles that underpin a child safe organisation including mandatory child protection procedures
- Demonstrated capacity to respect and work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of diverse cultural backgrounds
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, Drivers Licence and unrestricted Australian working rights are essential for this position.
If you are interested in this position please apply or 02 86043988
|Job title:||Case Worker|
|Contract type:||Full Time|
|Location:||Regional NSW - Richmond & Hawkesbury, Regional New South Wales, Sydney - Ryde & Macquarie Park, Sydney - Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, Sydney - South West & M5 Corridor, Sydney - Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney - North West & Hills District, Sydney - North Shore & Northern Beaches, Sydney - CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, Sydney, Australia|
|Industry:||Community Services and Health|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL
New South Wales
New South Wales