Youth Worker - Kempsey & Port Macquarie
An exciting opportunity to work with a highly respected not-for-profit to engage and support young people in OOHC across a range of new and exciting youth housing initiatives in Kempsey & Port Macquarie
We are seeking qualified and experienced Youth Workers to meaningfully engage and support young people, 12 to 17 years old in residential care houses in Kempsey & Port Macquarie. You will be part of team of Youth Workers, providing 24 hours, 7 days a week, support, and guidance to one young person living in the house at a time. There are 3 shifts (AM/PM/Sleepover) a day available to choose from. The rates are fantastic, and the work is ongoing.
If you love working with young people, helping them to build capacity in their lives, then come and be an integral part of their growth and independence.
* Supporting the implementation of strategies as defined in agreed client's case plans towards their outcome on a day-to-day basis.
* Provide verbal and written reports as required
* Being accountable and other duties as directed by the Team Leader
* Supporting and monitoring clients to plan and prepare nutritious meals.
* Monitoring and assisting clients with their weekly chores.
* Maintaining a high level of cleanliness in the Program, including the cleaning and preparation of vacated homes
* Ensure house and garden are in good repair, kept neat and tidy.
* Supervise health and personal hygiene of clients.
* Must have a relevant qualification, at minimum Certificate IV in Community Services, Youth Work or equivalent
* It is essential that you have a minimum of 6 months industry experience
* Own car and driver's license
* Current working with children checks
* 6 months of paid experience in the sector
* Current First aid and CPR
* Medicare evidence of 3 Covid-19 vaccinations
* Rates range from $42+ ph - $90+ ph depending on shift (day/afternoon/evenings/weekend & public holiday)
* Ability to work across multiple houses (Kempsey, Port Macquarie, Taree, Coffs Harbour & Grafton)
* Ongoing training and professional development
* Opportunity to become a permanent team member
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, light industrial and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding permanent, contract, temporary and traineeship recruitment opportunities.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
How to apply:
Click onto the apply button or if you would more information please call Francine, BRC Recruitment 02 8604 3956
|Job title:||Youth Worker - Kempsey & Port Macquarie|
|Location:||Regional NSW - Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast, Regional New South Wales, Australia|
|Industry:||Community and Sports|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL
New South Wales
New South Wales