Youth Worker - Community
Our client is not for profit organisation who supports young people and their families by advocating for their needs and issues, through facilitation of projects, programs, and events to promote social inclusion, leadership, and development for a brighter future.
Our client is seeking to appoint a Youth Worker to work as a part of a team based in Lane Cove on Casual Basis. This position involves night and weekend work to deliver events, so flexibility is essential. Availability on Tuesday to Saturday is essential.
In this role you will develop and deliver a diverse range of programs, events, and initiatives within the community. You will be passionate about working with young people to achieve their goals and be engaged as members of their local community.
You must have excellent group work, youth participation and event delivery skills. With demonstrated experience empowering young people from a youth participation approach, the successful applicant will be self-motivated, and have a genuine desire to empower and improve the lives of local young people aged 10 -18 years.
The right candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Qualification (Min Certificate III) in Social Work, Youth Work and/or related
- Youth Centre Experience
- Experience in dealing with youths in crisis and understanding youth issues
- Strong Written and communication skills
- Demonstrate Awareness and understanding of gender equality, cultural diversity, inclusion for young people with disabilities
- Demonstratable experience at developing and managing relationships
- The ability to inspire, mentor and lead young people in wellbeing best practice
- Support young people to reach their potential
- Working with children's check
- Willing to take a national police check
- Current Driver's License
- Current first Aid Certificate - CPR
This is a role where you can make a difference and help guide the youth of our society to be able to
achieve their best. Please apply below or call Lina on 02 8604 3954 for more information.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
|Job title:||Youth Worker - Community|
|Location:||Regional NSW - Gosford & Central Coast, Regional NSW - Richmond & Hawkesbury, Regional New South Wales, Sydney - Ryde & Macquarie Park, Sydney - Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, Sydney - South West & M5 Corridor, Sydney - Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney - North West & Hills District, Sydney - North Shore & Northern Beaches, Sydney - CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, Sydney, Australia|
|Industry:||Community Services and Health|
|Salary:||AU$36 - AU$39 per hour|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL
New South Wales
New South Wales