Youth Support Workers - Wollongong/Dapto Area
About BRC Recruitment
We are a leading Health and Social Care recruitment agency assisting specialist support professionals into jobs in the healthcare, not for profit and government sector for permanent, contract and casual employment throughout Australia.
BRC Recruitment is seeking experienced and passionate youth workers to join our established casual pool. The role will provide intensive therapeutic care and support to young people living within Alternative Care Arrangements in multiple locations across NSW.
About the role
A residential youth worker is responsible for providing care and support to young people who may have experienced or been impacted by trauma. As a result of the young person's history, they may also have complex and challenging behaviours. A residential youth worker will provide positive modelling and behavioural support whilst also focusing on promoting independence and skill-building.
A residential youth worker will contribute to the wider well-being of the young person. This will be achieved by providing accurate and detailed shift reports, incident reports and progress notes and working collaboratively with the wider care team. Also, the youth worker will contribute to the health, safety, and hygiene of the physical environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a support worker, you are responsible for providing care for our clients. This includes light domestic duties, transportation, provding community access, shift and daily notes.
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work, or similar discipline
- Experience and understanding:
- A minimum of 6 months paid experience within an Alternative Care Arrangements for young people with complex trauma
- An understanding of Trauma-Informed Care
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and challenging behaviours
- Understanding of professional boundaries
- Knowledge and understanding of National Standards for Out of Home Care and The Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Certificates and licenses:
- Working with Children Check
- Willingness to undergo a police check
- Unrestricted ACT's Driver's License
- Comprehensive car insurance
- Provide First Aid Certificate HLTAID003 less than 3 years old
- Provide CPR HLTAID001 less than 12 months old
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (desirable)
- Mental Health First Aid (desirable)
- COVID vaccinations as per NSW Health legislations.
Due to the high volume of responses only successful candidates will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
|Job title:||Youth Support Workers - Wollongong/Dapto Area|
|Location:||Regional NSW - Wollongong, Illawarra and South Coast, Regional New South Wales, Sydney - Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, Sydney, Australia|
|Industry:||Working with Kids|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL
New South Wales
New South Wales