Residential Youth Worker - Penrith
About BRC Recruitment
We are a specialist recruitment firm that source qualified, professional, and skilled people across the Not for Profit, Public and Private sectors. We work with Australia's leading organisations to deliver exceptional staff to meet their recruitment needs.
Because of our commitment to quality staffing, we pay above award wages and can offer shifts to match your availability. Our shifts are posted on our online rostering system, which means you have control over the shifts you would like to work.
BRC Recruitment is seeking experienced and passionate youth workers to join our established casual pool. The role will provide intensive therapeutic care and support to young people living within Alternative Care Arrangements in Penrith, NSW.
A residential youth worker is responsible for providing care and support to young people who may have experienced or been impacted by trauma. As a result of the young persons' history, they may also have complex and challenging behaviors. A residential youth worker will provide positive modeling and behavioral support whilst also focusing on promoting independence and skill-building.
A residential youth worker will contribute to the wider wellbeing of the young person. This will be achieved by providing accurate and detailed shift reports, incident reports and progress notes and working collaboratively with the wider care team. Also, the youth worker will contribute to the health, safety, and hygiene of the physical environment.
* A minimum of 6 months paid experience within an Alternative Care Arrangements for young people with complex trauma
* An understanding of Trauma-Informed Care
* Demonstrated experience managing complex and challenging behaviors
* Understanding of professional boundaries
* Knowledge and understanding of National Standards for Out of Home Care and The Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Minimum Certificate IV in Youth Work, Community Services or similar dicipline.
Certificates and licenses:
- * Working with Children Check
* National police check
* Unrestricted NSW Driver's License
* Comprehesive car insurance
* Provide First Aid Certificate HLTAID003 less than 3 years old
* Provide CPR HLTAID001 less than 12 months old
* Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (desirable)
* Mental Health First Aid (desirable)
* Covid vaccinations as per NSW Health legislations.
Reward and Recognition:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Above award rates
- Australia's leading disability providers
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
Due to the high volume of responses only successful candidates will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.
|Job title:||Residential Youth Worker - Penrith|
|Location:||Regional NSW - Richmond & Hawkesbury, Regional New South Wales, Sydney - Ryde & Macquarie Park, Sydney - Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, Sydney - South West & M5 Corridor, Sydney - Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney - North West & Hills District, Sydney, Australia|
|Industry:||Community Services and Health|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL