Registered Nurse - Aged Care And NDIS
Our client is a high profile and diverse Not-for-Profit organisation, who is making a real difference in the community. You become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive.
About the Opportunity:
An exciting opportunity exist for an experienced Registered Nurse to join the team at full-time hours in their 60 bedder residential aged care facility. If you enjoy working with clients from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, then this role is for you. This role is responsible for day-to-day operations which require ongoing attention to client's personal care and services.
- Ensure prompt and regular delivery of appropriate feedback to the Director of Care regarding personal care delivery and services including observations regarding care/service deficiencies and suggestions regarding the elimination of such deficiencies.
- Monitor and report to the Director of care regarding the implementation or otherwise of Infection Control procedures by Care and Wellness Assistants and other staff.
- Ensure care recipients care notes and records are maintained as required and in accordance with the Director of Care.
- Assist the Director of Care in establishing a waiting list of appropriate and eligible future residents for the facility
- Case conferences with visiting GP's, mental health case workers, pharmacist and relatives will take place as scheduled.
- Liaison will take place with allied health staff including but not limited to optometrists, psychiatrists, dentists, psych geriatricians, podiatrists, specialists, and therapists in regard to the president's health status etc.
- Ensure that care recipients attend appointments as scheduled and correct documentation is maintained.
- If necessary, ensure that the transferring of care recipients to hospital is attended to correctly - ring ambulance, complete transfer form, contact visiting GP and relatives/person responsible.
- On the care recipients return from hospital ensure any changes in medications are attended to, the GP is notified & medication chart is amended. Also ensure the relative or person responsible is notified of return.
- As required ensure the safe and efficient delivery of medication to care recipients, liaising as is necessary with representatives of the pharmacy.
- Assist visiting doctors who attend the facility to conduct care recipient consultations.
- Currently registered with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse (Division 1)
- Computer literate
- At least 12 months experience working in Aged Care as a Registered Nurse
- Experienced dealing with challenging behaviours
- Mental Health background (desirable)
- Flu and Covid vaccination is mandatory
- NDIS Workers Screen clearance (or the willingness to obtain one)
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Good Pay and flexibility
- 24-hour roster - 7 days a week (opportunity to choose your own hours)
- Work with a supportive and caring team
If you are looking for a rewarding career that aims to help others access support and achieve their goals, this is the role for you. Please apply below or call Lina on 02 8604 3954 for more information.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
|Job title:||Registered Nurse - Aged Care And NDIS|
|Contract type:||Full Time|
|Industry:||Nursing: RN and Div 1|
|Salary:||AU$60000 - AU$80000 per annum|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL