Alcohol And Other Drug Support Worker
Our client is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a safe and supportive residential drug rehabilitation service specialising in pregnant and post-natal women.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced alcohol and other drugs Support worker to join the team on full time permanent. You will be working within a multidisciplinary team to assist women to complete the residential rehabilitation program with an emphasis of self-determination, harm minimization and ensuring the welfare needs of participants and their children are met. If you enjoy working with clients from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, then this role is for you.
- provision of evening, overnight/weekend care
- supervision of the correct administration of medication for residents and children, including schedule 8 and other medications
- to ensure compliance regarding toxicology processes, support with repair and maintenance issues at the service, WHS management, transportation for residents and the daily management of the service. *
- facilitate and evaluate the After-Care Program to improve long-term outcomes for women and children.
- Certificate IV or higher in AOD, Community Services, Mental Health (or similar)
- Ability to work evening and weekend shifts as required (this will be on a rotating basis).
- Knowledge and understanding of harm minimisation strategies and other recovery orientated approaches.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and problem-solving capabilities,
- Demonstrated ability to respond appropriately to challenging residents and situations,
- Ability to work individually and in a multi-disciplinary team,
- Current driver's licence, criminal History Check and Clear Working with Children's Check
- Applicant needs to be fully vaccinated for whooping cough and COVID-19 and provide evidence of vaccination.
- Career Growth
- Training opportunities
- Work with a collaborative and supportive team who value a woman's right to self-determination and autonomy.
If you are looking for a rewarding career that aims to help others access support and achieve their goals, this is the role for you. Please apply below or call Lina on 02 8604 3954 for more information.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
|Job title:||Alcohol And Other Drug Support Worker|
|Contract type:||Full Time|
|Location:||Sydney - Ryde & Macquarie Park, Sydney - Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, Sydney - South West & M5 Corridor, Sydney - Parramatta & Western Suburbs, Sydney - North West & Hills District, Sydney - North Shore & Northern Beaches, Sydney - CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, Sydney, Australia|
|Salary:||AU$70000 - AU$75000 per annum|
|Job start date:||asap|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL
New South Wales
New South Wales